28 - 29 May, 2019
Harbour Grand, Hong Kong
Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income, Fixed Income Investment
Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong)
1:00 PM Buy Side Perspective: Prepare your check-list- What questions should you be asking to fully recognise the pros and cons of each initiative?
Listen to our panel of expert speakers from BNP Paribas, Taikang and T Rowe Price, who will help you prepare your questions to ensure you fully recognise the pros and cons of each platforms that you are partnering with.
- The use of technology to enhance the investment process: Research, Trading and Quantitative Analysis – What’s at the top of your agenda?
- Can existing technologies used for trading in other asset classes apply to bonds? What are the transferable technologies that you need?
- With many new electronic trading venues – Is increased competition and innovation a benefit to the industry and liquidity, or does it risk creating confusion and fragmentation?
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
9:20 AM Keynote Panel: As the RMB and mainland bond market internationalise further, how can bond connect bring the level of overseas ownership closer to international norms?
Market participation in Bond Connect has been growing steadily, with average daily volumes reaching RMB6.55 billion in June 2018, more than double the daily average volumes in the first quarter of the year. And with recent announcement of the exemption of income tax and the full implementation of delivery-versus-payment for settlement, how has bond connect contributed to the increase in the number of approved overseas institutional investors? In this panel, our speakers from Vanguard Investments, China Everbright AM, Robeco and Taikang AM will address:
- One year on, where are we on Bond Connect? Have teething problems been overcome and has it lived up to its potential?
- Did the launch of bond connect signal a change in attitude from Chinese regulators in terms of market access philosophy?
- What have been the recent improvements in onshore market access to attract more offshore investors?
- Any other KPIs you look at to judge the success of bond connect?
- What types of investors have been most active in using bond connect so far?
- What do the new index inclusions mean for the future of the Chinese bond market?
- Will Bond Connect become the dominant scheme for China access? Will QFII and RQII still have a role to play?
- How crucial was allowing onshore renimbi to be traded offshore with the launch of Bond connect?
- How urgent is the need for more electronic trading platforms? And what will China access look like a few years down the line?
- Bond Connect DvP Settlement – How has this provided greater convenience to international investors investing through Bond Connect?