27 - 27 June, 2018
Harbour Grand, Hong Kong
CFA, Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income
Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong)
9:30 AM All Star Panel: The opening of China’s bond market – What are the ideal market conditions required for China to succeed in efforts to attract foreign investors to its bond markets?
- Utilization currently less than 3% - What are the major difficulties that foreign investors face in trading bonds in the Chinese onshore market and how can they be overcome?
- Addressing the operational requirements for being able to invest onshore -What is the best platform to trade on at this point in time and must-have technology needs?
- Will bond connect be the main channel to boost to the Chinese bond market or will there be other alternatives?
- How will the current scheme cater to the different needs and expectations of the wide spectrum of local
investors in Hong Kong?
- Will the current scheme attract investors who are not willing to make major commitment to China and just want to dip their toe into the market to gain exposure?
1:50 PM Buy Side Perspective: Prepare your check-list- What questions should you be asking to fully recognize the pros and cons of each initiative?
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
- Fragmentation of platforms – How can you improve the speed of execution and trading efficiency through one consolidated view across the various multi-dealer platforms?
- Multi-dealer platforms - How can you minimize information leaks when using all-to-all platforms?