27 - 27 June, 2018
Harbour Grand, Hong Kong
Managing Director, Fixed Income Market Strategist
Loomis Sayles Investments
10:20 AM Global Leaders Perspective: Leveraging MiFID II as a catalyst for change– What are the transferable lessons from how US and EU fixed income divisions have adopted more innovative ways of working to meet these requirements whilst driving market efficiencies?
- With MiFID II now in the rear view mirror, what are the major buy side priorities for fixed income in 2018/19 and how will this change trading and investment structures in Hong Kong and Asia?
- How are US and European fixed income businesses being re-structured to facilitate the development of traders and portfolio managers in a new market order and what are the transferable lessons for Hong Kong and Asia?
- Where is the investment in new technology going in order to now focus trading resources where they are truly needed?
- What are the overall risks and opportunities that MiFID II will bring to the market and how will this affect competitiveness?
- Next steps – How should market participants in Hong Kong best prepare themselves for the impact of MiFID II?