27 - 27 June, 2018
Harbour Grand, Hong Kong
CEO and Founder
8:40 AM Opening Remarks
10:20 AM Global Leaders Perspective: Leveraging MiFID II as a catalyst for change– What are the transferable lessons from how US and EU fixed income divisions have adopted more innovative ways of working to meet these requirements whilst driving market efficiencies?
- With MiFID II now in the rear view mirror, what are the major buy side priorities for fixed income in 2018/19 and how will this change trading and investment structures in Hong Kong and Asia?
- How are US and European fixed income businesses being re-structured to facilitate the development of traders and portfolio managers in a new market order and what are the transferable lessons for Hong Kong and Asia?
- Where is the investment in new technology going in order to now focus trading resources where they are truly needed?
- What are the overall risks and opportunities that MiFID II will bring to the market and how will this affect competitiveness?
- Next steps – How should market participants in Hong Kong best prepare themselves for the impact of MiFID II?
12:20 PM 360° ETF perspective: Staying ahead of the game – How can you leverage the latest developments in ETFs to better hedge risk and maximize returns?
- How can you incorporate ETFs into your portfolio to give you increased liquidity and exposure?
- What are the major investment trends around ETFs and what types of pre trade analysis are most commonly used?
- How are global institutions executing ETF trades and how do Asian institutions compare?
- How do global institutions evaluate liquidity, particularly across asset classes?
- Regulations: How are ETFs helping asset managers stay compliant?
- How to take advantage of ETFs as the fastest growing indexing investment vehicle in the world for diversification?
- What are the different types of ETFs and how can investors choose the best option to meet their needs?
- How can you broaden your usage to take advantage of the versatility of ETFs and gain access to long term yield?
- What are the pros and cons of each type and strategy that you need to know to ensure you are making the most informed decisions?
- How can investors overcome key barriers to compete in this fast changing landscape?
1:50 PM Buy Side Perspective: Prepare your check-list- What questions should you be asking to fully recognize the pros and cons of each initiative?
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
- Fragmentation of platforms – How can you improve the speed of execution and trading efficiency through one consolidated view across the various multi-dealer platforms?
- Multi-dealer platforms - How can you minimize information leaks when using all-to-all platforms?