27 - 27 June, 2018
Harbour Grand, Hong Kong
Wednesday June 27th, 2018
The Internationalisation of China
8:50 am - 9:10 am Opening Regulatory Keynote by Hong Kong Monetary AuthorityArchie Ng, Division Head (External Department),Hong Kong Monetary Authority
9:10 am - 9:30 am Buyside Keynote: Too big to ignore - What are the channels by which China will allow you to access its debt markets to benefit from the high yield investment opportunities?Hayden Briscoe, Managing Director, Head of Fixed Income, Asia Pacific,UBS Asset Management
- Navigating China’s regulatory maze – How can you best address the regulations in the local market?
- How have the major defaults that have taken place in the past two years affected the appetite of the issuers?
- What steps are the Chinese authorities taking to facilitate access to domestic Fixed Income investments on the back of this growing interest?
- The revolution of QC to RQC Scheme – How has this impacted foreign investors who are looking to invest domestically?
- Implications for lending in Greater China - How to look beyond the bond market for other sources of lending as the Chinese banks tighten their grip?
- SOE reform – How will this impact the Chinese economy, various sectors as well as direct lending?
- South Bound Bond Connect – When will restrictions be eased and what are the expectations moving forward?
Hayden BriscoeManaging Director, Head of Fixed Income, Asia Pacific
UBS Asset Management
9:30 am - 10:15 am All Star Panel: The opening of China’s bond market – What are the ideal market conditions required for China to succeed in efforts to attract foreign investors to its bond markets?Callum Henderson, Managing Director, Global Markets,Eurasia Group Gordon Tsui, CFA, Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income,Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong) Yan Pu, Head of Portfolio Review, Asia,Vanguard Investments Ashley Perrott, Head of Pan Asia Fixed Income,UBS Asset Management Kheng Siang Ng, Asia Pacific Head of Fixed Income,State Street Global Advisors Mo Ji, Chief Economist, Asia, ex-Japan,Amundi Asset Management Barry Lau, Co-Founder, Managing Partner & CIO (Private Investments),Adamas Asset Management
- Utilization currently less than 3% - What are the major difficulties that foreign investors face in trading bonds in the Chinese onshore market and how can they be overcome?
- Addressing the operational requirements for being able to invest onshore -What is the best platform to trade on at this point in time and must-have technology needs?
- Will bond connect be the main channel to boost to the Chinese bond market or will there be other alternatives?
- How will the current scheme cater to the different needs and expectations of the wide spectrum of local investors in Hong Kong?
- Will the current scheme attract investors who are not willing to make major commitment to China and just want to dip their toe into the market to gain exposure?
Callum HendersonManaging Director, Global Markets
Gordon TsuiCFA, Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income
Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong)
Yan PuHead of Portfolio Review, Asia
Ashley PerrottHead of Pan Asia Fixed Income
UBS Asset Management
Kheng Siang NgAsia Pacific Head of Fixed Income
State Street Global Advisors
Mo JiChief Economist, Asia, ex-Japan
Amundi Asset Management
Barry LauCo-Founder, Managing Partner & CIO (Private Investments)
Adamas Asset Management
MiFID II Implementation And Beyond
10:15 am - 10:50 am Global Leaders Perspective: Leveraging MiFID II as a catalyst for change– What are the transferable lessons from how US and EU fixed income divisions have adopted more innovative ways of working to meet these requirements whilst driving market efficiencies?Brett Elvish, CEO and Founder,Financial Viewpoint Juan Landazabal, Global Head of Fixed Income Trading,Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management Yann Couellan, Head of FICC Trading,BNP Paribas Asset Management Gianluca Minieri, Global Head of Trading,Pioneer Investments Christine Kenny, Managing Director, Fixed Income Market Strategist,Loomis Sayles Investments
- With MiFID II now in the rear view mirror, what are the major buy side priorities for fixed income in 2018/19 and how will this change trading and investment structures in Hong Kong and Asia?
- How are US and European fixed income businesses being re-structured to facilitate the development of traders and portfolio managers in a new market order and what are the transferable lessons for Hong Kong and Asia?
- Where is the investment in new technology going in order to now focus trading resources where they are truly needed?
- What are the overall risks and opportunities that MiFID II will bring to the market and how will this affect competitiveness?
- Next steps – How should market participants in Hong Kong best prepare themselves for the impact of MiFID II?
Juan LandazabalGlobal Head of Fixed Income Trading
Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management
Yann CouellanHead of FICC Trading
BNP Paribas Asset Management
Gianluca MinieriGlobal Head of Trading
Christine KennyManaging Director, Fixed Income Market Strategist
Loomis Sayles Investments
10:50 am - 11:20 am Networking Break
Embracing The New Fixed Income World
11:20 am - 12:00 pm 360° Perspective: Capitalizing on the push for electronification - How can you embrace the new developments in the Fixed Income space to give your investment and trading division a competitive edge?Vijay Chander, Executive Director, Fixed Income,Asia Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA) Kai He, Head of Fixed Income,BOSERA Asset Management Jethro Goodchild, SVP, Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, Asia,Aviva Investors Michael Levin, Head of Asset Management, Asia Pacific,Credit Suisse Wealth Management Dr. Xuanlai He, Executive Director, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager,China Life Franklin Asset Management Angus Hui, Head of Asian Credit and EM Credit,Schroders Investment Management
- How can you actively manage your investment life cycle to stay competitive?
- How can you automate your trade execution and flow process to reduce the workload on your trading teams?
- Building a best execution framework - How can you maximize efficiency for pre trade, on trade and post trade?
- Compressed yield due to low interest rate environment - How can you choose the right investable instruments and the most appropriate trading strategy to gain better returns?
- Tackling the liquidity crunch – How can you take a holistic and dynamic approach that taps into a broad range of fixed-income assets to source liquidity? - Smart analytics - How can you gain data insights to maximize transparency and better understand when and where to trade?
Vijay ChanderExecutive Director, Fixed Income
Asia Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA)
Kai HeHead of Fixed Income
BOSERA Asset Management
Jethro GoodchildSVP, Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, Asia
Michael LevinHead of Asset Management, Asia Pacific
Credit Suisse Wealth Management
Dr. Xuanlai HeExecutive Director, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
China Life Franklin Asset Management
Angus HuiHead of Asian Credit and EM Credit
Schroders Investment Management
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Sell Side Keynote: How is the sell side implementing approaches from other industries in fixed income markets to better support you, the buy side?Mark Goodman, Managing Director, Global Head of Electronic Execution (FX, Rates, Credit, ,UBS Investment Bank
- End of QE – How is the removal of quantitative easing impacting the Asian Market?
- Rising interest rates and debt levels - How are the sell side optimizing their capital in a less liquid, more regulated and lower return world to better support the buy side?
- Implications on liquidity - What types of e-trading technology can the sell side use to maximize the efficiency of their dealing activity and pass on cost savings to the buy side?
- Rise of China – How are sell side business models evolving to better cater to the rising number of investors in China?
Mark GoodmanManaging Director, Global Head of Electronic Execution (FX, Rates, Credit,
UBS Investment Bank
Your A-Z Guide To ETFs
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Buy Side ETF Perspective: How can you incorporate ETFs into your portfolio to give you increased liquidity and exposure?Brett Elvish, CEO and Founder,Financial Viewpoint Freddie Chen, Managing Director, Head of Portfolio Review, China,Vanguard Investments Keith Taylor, Director & Portfolio Management,BMO Global Asset Management Tariq Dennison, Investment Adviser, Portfolio Manager, ETF Expert,GFM Asset Management
- What are the major investment trends around ETFs?
- What types of pre trade analysis are most commonly used?
- How are global institutions executing ETF trades and how do Asian institutions compare?
- How do global institutions evaluate liquidity, particularly across asset classes?
- Regulations: How are ETFs helping asset managers stay compliant?
Freddie ChenManaging Director, Head of Portfolio Review, China
Keith TaylorDirector & Portfolio Management
BMO Global Asset Management
Tariq DennisonInvestment Adviser, Portfolio Manager, ETF Expert
GFM Asset Management
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm 360° ETF perspective: Staying ahead of the game – How can you leverage the latest developments in ETFs to better hedge risk and maximize returns?Brett Elvish, CEO and Founder,Financial Viewpoint Jacky Tan, Head of Portfolio Management Group and Co-head of Investment Strategy Group Asia,Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management
- How to take advantage of ETFs as the fastest growing indexing investment vehicle in the world for diversification?
- What are the different types of ETFs and how can investors choose the best option to meet their needs?
- How can you broaden your usage to take advantage of the versatility of ETFs and gain access to long term yield?
- What are the pros and cons of each type and strategy that you need to know to ensure you are making the most informed decisions?
- How can investors overcome key barriers to compete in this fast changing landscape?
Jacky TanHead of Portfolio Management Group and Co-head of Investment Strategy Group Asia
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
Buy Side Only Platform Evaluation
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Buy Side Perspective: Prepare your check-list- What questions should you be asking to fully recognize the pros and cons of each initiative?Parijat Banerjee, Management consultant | Wholesale and institutional financial services,Greenwich Associates Gordon Tsui, CFA, Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income,Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong) David Gibb, Head of Trading, Fixed Income,HSBC Global Asset Management Pierre-Emmanuel Charlier, Head of Fixed Income Trading, Asia,Pictet Asset Management
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
- Fragmentation of platforms – How can you improve the speed of execution and trading efficiency through one consolidated view across the various multi-dealer platforms?
- Multi-dealer platforms - How can you minimize information leaks when using all-to-all platforms?
Parijat BanerjeeManagement consultant | Wholesale and institutional financial services
Gordon TsuiCFA, Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income
Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong)
David GibbHead of Trading, Fixed Income
HSBC Global Asset Management
Pierre-Emmanuel CharlierHead of Fixed Income Trading, Asia
Pictet Asset Management
Meet the Platforms
2:30 pm - 3:15 pm Platform Perspective: A 5 minute introduction to each initiative involved today- What is their USP and what benefits do they bring to you the buy side?Jesper Bruun-Olsen, Head of Asia-Pacific,Algomi Brett Pybus CFA, Managing Director, Fixed Income ETF Product Strategy,BlackRock Kem Husain, Head of APAC Sales,AxeTrading Richard Schiffman, Head of Open Trading,MarketAxess Herb Werth, Managing Director, Global Head of Buy Side Product Strategy and Marketing,IPREO
Jesper Bruun-OlsenHead of Asia-Pacific
Brett Pybus CFAManaging Director, Fixed Income ETF Product Strategy
Kem HusainHead of APAC Sales
Richard SchiffmanHead of Open Trading
Herb WerthManaging Director, Global Head of Buy Side Product Strategy and Marketing